Best keyboard for Android [video]


Unlike other smartphone operating systems, Android gives you the ability to change your keyboard anytime yo2u like. There are so many keyboards on Google play, that it can be difficult to find the write one for you. Whether you want a keyboard with a variety of themes, or one that is inspired by the famous Swype keyboard, or one that is highly customizable, you’ll find it below. I’ve looked and played with virtually every keyboard on Google Play, and I think the ones below are the best. And so, without further ado, I present to you what  I think are the best keyboards for Android! Drum roll, please!

3. Gingerbread Keyboard (Free) 



The Android 2.3 Gingerbread keyboard is a great keyboard. While it’s a little on the simple side, and features nothing too flashy, it excels in two very important areas where keyboards should – predicting text and correcting spelling errors. While you probably already have it on your device, it’s still worth mentioning here. What I truly enjoy about this keyboard is the layout, as it seems to flow very well with my fingers, and I rarely make errors whenever I use it. The emoticon button is a nice touch too, which I found myself using more than I initially thought I would. If you don’t have the keyboard preloaded on your handset you can download it today!






>250,000 downloads, 16199 ratings (4.4 avg)

2. Go Keyboard (Free)


The Go Keyboard is the dream keyboard for those of you that have a guilty pleasure for switching up different themes on your keyboard – also known as themaholicism. Go Keyboard has the most themes available for a keyboard on Google Play. However, that of course isn’t the only good feature this keyboard brings to the table. It also features amazing autocorrection and text prediction capabilities – among other features – including 8 different key press sounds, customizable key height, customizable font, and a user dictionary. The best thing about this keyboard is that it is free. Even though some themes will cost you up to $1.99, this is the keyboard that will make people say, “Oooooh, where did you get that? Check it out!



>250,000 downloads, 74466 ratings (4.4 avg)

1. Smart Keyboard Pro ($2.63/Free trial)


My number one choice for the best keyboard for Android is Smart Keyboard Pro. No matter how many keyboards I try out, I always find myself coming back to Smart Keyboard Pro. In my humble opinion, it has the best user experience of any keyboard out there. It has tons of themes available – with most being free – and is very customizable. I text and write emails all day long, and I hardly ever have one error when typing words out. The layout is just perfect, and the gestures are very helpful at times. Other great features and settings on this keyboard include T9 input, transparency, key height adjustent, bottom arrows, four input sounds, and a dictionary that learns how you type. To me it’s the perfect keyboard, and I simply can’t live without it. I can’t imagine a better keyboard to have.



>250,000 downloads, 13496 ratings (4.6 avg)
Enjoy the full in-depth video below, if you want more.



So, how did I do? Anything keyboard I missed that you feel is worth mentioning? What is your favorite keyboard and why? Let us know in the comments below, we are mighty curious.