Enhanced Email – App review





Enhanced Email is an email client that offers a wide range of features and support to the average Android user.  Does Enhanced Email offer you something more then your current phone already has? Do other e-mail clients give you the same functionality for free? Is Enhanced Email worth the price? Keep on reading to find out if Enhanced Email is the right email client for you.

Features
  • Exchange 2003/2007/2010 SP1 (Activesync only, not Exchange WebServices)
  • Zimbra Collaboration Server
  • Novell Groupwise Server (Activesync must be running)
  • IceWarp Server
  • Just about every POP/IMAP server you can think of
  • Supported on Android 2.2 – 4.0
Some additional features include:
  • Backup/Restore accounts + settings
  • Full E-Mail search including message text
  • Custom font when sending messages
  • Sort your mail by: Date received, Sender, Subject, Unread messages, messages containing attachments, or by starred/flagged messages
  • Pinch to zoom when viewing a message
  • Disable syncing of deletes from phone to server (Exchange)
  • Growing support for many 3rd party apps that offers an amazing integration with apps/widgets you already love to use!
  • Combined Inbox view aggregates mail for all mailboxes into a single location!
  • Auto-BCC
  • Full HTML inbound/outbound
  • PUSH for Mail/Contacts/Calendar (Exchange only)
  • Ability to sync “ALL” E-mail option (Exchange)
  • Customizable account colors for each account
  • Ability to select/copy text
  • “Empty Trash” option makes emptying your trash folder 100 times easier/faster
Account Setup



Enhanced Email worked great with my school email account that runs off of Exchange ActiveSync. I had no problems setting it up at all, and it was quick and easy. For anyone who has ever had a problem getting one of their email accounts setup on your phone, this app could be the one for you. While reading through the description of the app, I found out why it worked so well without any hick-ups. It is because “Enhanced Email features Microsoft’s innovative Activesync technology and is licensed to use it from Microsoft, using the same license used by power houses Apple and HTC.
Widget

I have been using the ICS Gmail widget for a while now and have to say that I love the ability of checking my mail without having to open an app. Coming over to the Rezound, I was initially stuck with either the Sense email widget or the stock Gingerbread one. When Sense 3.6 with ICS was leaked I was in heaven once again with the Gmail widget. This all being said, I was truly disappointed at the widget for Enhanced Email. As you can see below, the widgets are icons that opens Enhanced Email, the same thing that dragging the icon to your home-screen can do.
Customization
Many other stock email clients seem to lack any sort of customization. Enhanced Email gives you full control of text and background color of both read and unread messages. While this does not seem like a big deal, upon initially opening the client, I felt it was a little too dark and gloomy for my taste. After some playing around, I found the settings where I could change the colors to my liking. I didn’t realize it before, but I discovered I really liked the ability to customize the colors of each account. This really helped me keep which account I was dealing with sorted in my head. Other options such as changing the signature, inbox check frequency, default account choice, and sync windows were all readily accessible and easy to change. Overall the customization was excellent.
Cost
Alright, first, breathe. Ok, let me get this out of the way right now. $10 is a lot to pay for an app. In the Android ecosystem of apps, games, and media, it is a well known fact that us Android users, are, well, rather frugal (cheap). That being said, is this app worth it? Simply put, yes it is. It does everything you could possibly ask for it do for, and more. For the money, it gives you access to all your email accounts in one simple place with all the features you could want and need. For the people who do not understand the benefits you gain from using this app, it may be worth it to look closer at the features that this app has to offer, because you might find that they would benefit you greatly (like I did after trying it out).
Compatibility
I had no problem running Enhanced Email on my Rezound with ICS which is something I have found that can be a problem often enough. On the compatibility list of devices in the Play Store, the only Android device it said it would not support is my Logitech Revue (not surprising). It seems like the author of Enhanced went to great pains to get Enhanced Email to run on most devices.

Verdict
Overall I found the Enhanced Email app to be an absolutely intuitive and robust email client. The only real drawback I found is the lack of a useful widget, which could be a deal breaker for some of you.  While the price tag may seem a little steep, I found Enhanced Email well worth the price considering its features and benefits.
$10 for an email is a lot, I know, but for those that rely on email, and need to stay organized on the move, it is money well spent. Recommended.




10,000 downloads, 1850 ratings (4.1 avg)